Seattle, Washington – LifeSafer® ignition interlock has been the go-to provider for drivers looking to get back on the road safely and legally after a DWI/DUI/OWI. LifeSafer’s ignition interlock service centers help drivers recover their license after a DWI/DUI/OWI.
Under Washington’s current laws, a driver may be charged with DUI if:
- The results of a breath or blood test show the amount of alcohol in the driver’s blood to be:
- .08 or higher for adults (21 and over).
- .04 or higher for commercial vehicle drivers (CDL disqualifications).
- .02 or higher for minors (under 21).
- The driver is found to be driving a vehicle under the influence or affected by alcohol, any drug, or a combination of alcohol and drugs, regardless of the concentration of alcohol in their breath or blood.
- As of August 1, 2012, the definition of a drug also includes any chemical inhaled or ingested for its intoxicating or hallucinatory effects.
What is an Ignition Interlock?
Interlocks can vary in a few ways and the ignition interlock you receive depends on the legal requirements set by the state you live in and the specifics of your DWI/DUI/OWI. In simplest terms, an interlock is a car breathalyzer that prevents a user from starting a vehicle until a breath alcohol test is taken. An ignition interlock device (IID) is the most common term for devices sometimes referred to as “in-car breathalyzer” or “car interlock” or “blow and go.” Your interlock may come equipped with or without a camera, as well as real-time reporting or other additional features. If the IID registers the breath test results over the preset limit, the vehicle will not start.
How do I get an interlock license in Washington?
- Call LifeSafer Ignition Interlock at 800-634-3077 to schedule your ignition interlock installation. Ask about discounts and special offers! You can install your interlock at any time after your arrest to keep driving.
- LifeSafer will send the Washington Department of Licensing proof of installation.
- Get proof of financial responsibility, such as a Certificate of Insurance (SR-22). A car insurance agent can help you with this.
- Apply online through Washington’s License eXpress or submit a Restricted Driver License Application with the fee.
- If you meet all the requirements, you’ll get a temporary paper copy of your restricted license. Your permanent license will arrive later in the mail.
Why LifeSafer is the Best Interlock Choice in Seattle, Washington
- Low-cost high-quality ignition interlocks
- Dedicated, localized customer support 24/7
- Committed to your program success
- 30 years of interlock expertise
Washington Ignition Interlock Resources
- Washington DOL License Express
- Washington DOL Interlock Information Page
- Washington DOL DUI Information
215 Southport Dr Suite 400